Friday, January 26, 2018

Postcards for the weekend 70: Mountains

PL-1276730, sent from Warsaw
Traveled 9,406 km in 15 days

Tatra Mountains is a natural border between Poland and Slovakia. They are the highest mountain range in the Carpathian range.

Postcard sent to self, traveled 10,588 km

If you look closely at the upper rightmost image, you will see the Mont Blanc overlooking the villages of Beaufortain. I fell in love with this place. It has a quiet charm during the summer of my visit, August 2017. It was super relaxing to hear the cowbells and just soak in the slow pace of village life. 

Friendship Postcard, Sent from Ushuaia
Traveled 14,020 km

Moving southwest, we have here the Martial Mountains towering over the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia. I almost didn't want to believe it as I thought a city in New Zealand is in a lower latitude ... boy, I'm wrong!

Posting about mountains for this weekend is a good learning experience for me in physical geography.

Happy weekend everyone,
~maria








2 comments:

  1. Ushuaïa sounds like a dream to me. I received once a postcard from there (it as a picture, actually). Love all the postcards you shared. The Swiss one reminds me what you sent to me from that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tatra Mountains is a place I would love to visit but in the meantime I'll enjoy your postcard. Ushuaia seems the perfect sounding name for a unique place on the planet.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: