Saturday, December 30, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 66: New year 2018

FI-3139697, Sent from Jamsa, Finland
Traveled 9,288 km in 10 days

So the Christmas festivities are almost over as we are ushering in 2018. I've been wrapping up 2017 with some cleaning. This makes me wonder ... what happens with all the Christmas decorations? It must be a lot of money, that could just end up in the bin. Modesty aside, my Christmas decorations are recycled. So my mini Christmas tree and other Christmas ornaments are to be kept in the storeroom. I'm proud to have used these items for the 3rd year this time! How about yours?

RU-5286150, Sent from Barnaul, Russia
Traveled 6,078 km in 32 days

In addition to physical cleaning of my living space, I've also been reflecting on the past years. As cliche as it is, I'm also one who makes New Year resolutions. I've been deeper and deeper into my thoughts; finding meaning in my 30 years of existence. Perhaps this time around, I'll pen down 12 items that I'd like to work on or improve in 2018! One item to represent and work on for each month of the new year ...

I'm sure that most of us are engaged in several happenings during this time of the year. Hence, I'm keeping our linky open until mid-week! I hope that compensates for my tardiness this weekend :)

Happy new year everyone,
~maria


2 comments:

  1. Maria, my little Christmas tree (60 cm high and with lights) has been with me for over 30 years now! And some of my other Christmas ornaments are as old, or even older. They'll be packed back into their boxes in mid-January and hibernating in my storage-room until next December :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know, Monica! I hope my own little tree can keep up with that :D

      Delete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: