Friday, October 6, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 56: Children

October 6 is recognized as Children's Day in many places around the world. Hence, our theme for this weekend: children.


Friendship Gift Postcard, Sent from Sherwood, Arkansas
Sent 10 September 2016, Traveled 15,650 km

This book cover postcard is entitled "A Necklace of Raindrops and Other Stories". It was illustrated in 1975. I like the silhouettes in the foreground, with the little girl who seems to be marveling at the sight of something in the sky.



TW-505373, Sent from Kaohsiung
Sent 22 Mar 2012, Traveled 890 km in 8 days 

This photograph is from an exhibition, according to the sender. It seems that the little girl's name is Miyako.


FI-1999405, Sent from Nokia
Sent 29 Jan 2014, Traveled 8,982 km in 17 days

This one was sent for my birthday 3 years ago. I love the jolly faces and the merry-making on this postcard!


Have a great weekend everyone,
~maria





5 comments:

  1. That book cover would made me pick up the book if I saw it in a bookshop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, When I saw this week's theme I couldn't resist adding my Eskimo Baby postcard from 1909. Thanks, as always, for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that postcard during some time, and I can't stop seeing a dragon on the shadow!
    My favourite of this post is the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy a child looking directly at the camera (or the person holding it). Cute.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: