Monday, July 6, 2015

Minato Mirai 21 - Day & Night View

I was sorting out my recently received postcards last weekend and I had a pleasant surprise! I noticed the postcard that my colleague sent to me from her Yokohama trip back in April is the day time view: 
Sent from Yokohama, Japan, Traveled 5,291 km

...of the postcard I sent to myself when I went there in May:

Sent: 30 May 2015 from Yokohama, Japan
Traveled 5,291 km



One striking difference between the two postcards though is the presence of the Cosmo World Ferris Wheel on the night view postcard. It was for a time considered one of the biggest clocks in the world. It was mesmerizing to watch with all its magnificent changing bright lights!

I very much wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel as I haven't experienced this at all! We didn't have enough time so perhaps I'll try the one here in Singapore.

Have you experienced riding a Ferris Wheel? Was it fun?

~maria

15 comments:

  1. That would be a surprise to replicate your night postcard with the daytime view. Both are lovely scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pictures look fabulous!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,

    Yes, I have ridden a Ferris wheel and enjoyed it, but I no longer want to get on another one as they make me dizzy. Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful postcards. Loved the ferris wheel all my life, but now it makes me dizzy. :(
    Hope you try it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. friends thinking alike. I think that's neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like the daytime view best - not sure! They are both lovely! We sometimes go on the Ferris Wheel in Edinburgh which opens every Christmas. I've never been on the London Eye, but I'd like to do that sometime.
    Anabel at Anabel's Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sights are nice, but dearly love the colored one. I rode a Ferris Wheel once, but never again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pics for Blue !

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photo's. I used to have a penpal in Japan in my youth. Besutiful Fuji mountin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's amazing. And the image looks like it was taken from the exact same spot within just an inch or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photo shares! I so love your postcard to self share too! I am loving to see all your travels here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both night and day are beautiful vistas ... yes I could imagine a ride on that Ferris Wheel by night would be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria .. fascinating to see them both together ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are really nice, but I think night view is more beautiful :) I rode a Ferris Wheel once and it was great ! ;)
    By the way I invite you to take part in competition on my blog.
    http://openwindowontheworld.blogspot.com/p/first-post-in-july.html

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: