Tuesday, April 8, 2014

G is for Great Wall of China

Hand-carried from China, Received 3 June 2011, Traveled 3106.22 km

The interesting fact for this postcard is that this was also the same ticket my friend was given for entrance to the Great Wall. Inscribed in 1987 to the UNESCO WHS list, it is a structure that was continuously built from the 3rd century BC to the 17th century AD.

My friend who went to the Great Wall told me that for some Chinese, climbing the wall on a yearly basis is like religion. They even have a saying, "Who are we if we haven't climbed the Great Wall?"

Well, I hope I can have the chance to climb this wall too!

~maria

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go there.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go there too. Young friend spent a year in China teaching, her diaries and photos made me want to go even more.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: