Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Star Ferry from Hong Kong


Salamat po (thank you), Jocelyn for inviting me to join in your 'Our Wonderful World Tuesday' blog fest :) I'm following your lead for my first entry in participation to that -- here's a card of the Star Ferry that I got from a private swap. The card arrived last week and it's definitely making me miss Hong Kong more and more.

I was lucky to spend a one-week vacation in Hong Kong and Macau in Nov 2009. The Star Ferry rides are one of the most memorable experiences. I am scared of ship rides, no matter how short the distance. The Star Ferry rides were particularly dreadful. The water in the Victoria Harbour on which it travels is always busy; the ship tilts a lot from left to right!

But what makes me wanna repeat the experience again is I feel like I'm being part of something important in the history of navigation. A part of history that will always remain alive, and I would know that I was also a living part of it. Haha! I wish I was able to phrase it nicely that would properly convey what I wanted to mean with it. :p

According to the Star Ferry Company website, The National Geographic Traveler named the ferry crossing as one of the 50 places of a lifetime.

~maria

1 comment:

  1. HI Maria,
    Yes, I will send a coffee card to your friend. I don't have another of that one, but if you like I will sew her a fabric card. I have some terrific coffee fabrics that are begging to be used. In exchange I would love to receive the map of the Phillipines card. send me a private email and we can exchange addresses. heatherdpear at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: